Cake. You can’t get enough of it, can you? Don’t deny it. Why else are you here? We know what you’re after, and, luckily for you, we’re more than happy to provide it!
That’s right cake junkies, we’re back with yet another mouth-watering recipe, and this one is extra-special because it’s come from Gamerbake judge Jordan Erica Webber – perhaps the best baker in the industry. Seriously, she’s got some mean skills.
If the name of the recipe hasn’t already given it away, these muffins are inspired by Mario’s famous mushrooms, and, yes, they do taste as good as they look.
Full disclosure: Jordan has asked us to point out that she got the idea for the muffins from a certain David Hayward. Thank you, David. Thank you for being the wind beneath Jordan’s wings.
250g plain flour
65g light brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
160 ml milk
115 g butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
300g white chocolate chips
100g pistachios, chopped
Green food colouring
White chocolate buttons, large [1 big bag]
1. Preheat your oven to 200C/400F.
2. Prepare 12 muffin cups, or use smaller cupcake cases for more of an exaggerated mushroom shape. If you’re REALLY keen, you could draw eyes on the paper cases.
3. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients – flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt.
4. In another bowl, combine your wet ingredients – milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
5. Make a well in the dry ingredients.
6. Pour wet ingredients into the well and stir until just combined – don’t over-stir, you eager beaver.
7. Mix in your chocolate chips and pistachios.
8. Once you’ve got a nice batter, spoon the mixture into your muffin cases.
9. Then, bake for 15-20 minutes, until you can stick a cake tester through the middle of one and it comes out clean.
10. Let your heavenly creations cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin, then remove and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
11. Ice with green icing – we just did boring old icing sugar and water, but feel free to use buttercream or melt some white chocolate and dye that green instead – and use big white chocolate buttons for the spots!
12. Reward yourself for a job well done with a delicious muffin. You’ve earned it.